Clemson (11-7, 2-4 ACC) travels to No. 11 Georgia Tech
- 🆚 Opponent: at No. 11 Georgia Tech
- 🗓 Date hour : Wednesday October 12 • 8 p.m.
- 📍 Location: Atlanta, Georgia | O’Keefe Gymnasium
- 📺 Watch: ACC network
- 📊 Statistics: Live statistics
Clemson: List | Schedule | Match notes (PDF)
- Clemson travels to No. 11 Georgia Tech for a Wednesday game on ACC Network
- The Tigers are 11-7 overall and a 2-4 ACC record in the week after losing a straight-set game to No. 9 Pittsburgh and beating Virginia in four
- As a team, Clemson is 29th in team assists (864) in the NCAA and 31st in team eliminations (932)
- In the ACC, the Tigers rank first in digs (1,050) and total attacks (2,493) as of October 10
LAST TIME OUT
- Clemson picked up their second ACC victory of the 2022 season with a victory over Virginia on Sunday, October 9 in four sets at Jervey Gym.
- Freshman Mia McGrath led the team with a career-high 16 eliminations — she’s now led Clemson in eliminations in both ACC wins this season.
- Clemson came in at 96 in the 2022 RPI rankings after the win
- Freshman Mia McGrath comes into her own during her freshman campaign
- She led the Tigers in eliminations in their two ACC wins this season, setting new career highs in both games (15 vs. Notre Dame and 16 vs. Virginia)
- She has tallied double-digit wins in four games this season and is 10 wins away from reaching 100
- Sophomore Devan Taylor has started at the libero in every game this season
- The second set a new career high with 29 digs to open ACC play this season against Virginia Tech
- Taylor finished with 28 digs against South Carolina and had 14 double-digit digs this season
- Against Austin Peay, Taylor had 27 digs and 20-plus digs in six games this season
- She leads the team and the conference with 315 total digs and is 38th in the NCAA
- Junior Camryn Hannah has been Clemson’s go-to forward since coming to campus in 2020 and owns the role well
- Hannah is third in the conference in kills (256) and points (281.5), fifth in kills per set (3.82) and sixth in points per set (4.20)
- She’s had at least 20 kills in 15 games this season and played in 13 games with double-digit wins.
- Joining Devan Taylor and Mia McGrath in the back row was junior Cate Long and freshmen Becca Micelle
- The four of them have totaled 453 non-conference digs – the most by four players, excluding a passer, through the non-conference schedule since 2018 (481)
- The four of them currently have 670 of Clemson’s 1,050 digs
- The 1,050 digs lead the conference and sit 68th in the NCAA
- Senior Mckenna Slavik has been Clemson’s volleyball offense quarterback for the past four seasons
- Slavik is seventh on Clemson’s career assists list with 3,361 total assists, 329 assists behind the sixth holder
- This season Slavik has 600 assists to sit third in third in the conference and 74th in the NCAA – she leads the conference with 10.17 assists per set (50th in the NCAA)
- She had a single-game record 52 kills six times in her career, including two this season.
For full coverage of the Clemson volleyball team, follow @ClemsonVB on Twitter and Instagram, and @ClemsonVolleyball on Facebook.